Friday, August 3, 2007



Acid Reflux
So I figured I'd start with the Acid Reflux 7" demo that I picked up in June...(one of 300 yellow presses with a pink cover) and I have to say, it's one of the best hardcore releases I've heard in a looooooong time and is already getting some decent attention. It's out on No Way Records and is a remastered/resequenced version of their CD demo (which saddly, I wasn't able to get a copy of...anybody looking to trade? hmmmmm? hmmm?)

Now, the lyrics ARE funny- but it's not one of those bands that throw their tunes away since it's a 'joke' anyways...nope...there is some bonafide talent here, and despite reviews to the contrary, I'd say that DOES make them unique. GOOD FAST PUNK MUSIC + humour = pretty damn hard to find.

They have songs like "Do your parents Know you're a Ramone?" and "Oh Good There's an Aplebees"....maybe I'm just nostalgic, eh?

They're from Albany NY and definitely are part of that 80s hardcore re-visit sound aesthetic (though not AS developped as say, Fucked Up), super break-neck pace, with yummy whiny/mocking vocals-I dunno how old the dude is, but he 'does 16' perfectly.

I givem' 9/10

8 songs, 8 minutes, what more could you possibly want?

No comments: