Friday, August 10, 2007




Apt 213/Dahmer Split

(Cleveland Power Violence/Quebec City Grindcore)

released 1998-pink 7"





I know, I know...it's a super old record but Imma talk about it anyways...my husband HATES it SO MUCH which kinda makes me like it more ha ha ha.


So, it's no secret that I kinda like some bands with an over-the-top metal kinda aesthetic, and you gotta love ANY band that concentrates on serial killers AND does brutal power violence with almost-but-not-quite-chhezy metal riffs and a wee bit o' punk je ne sais quoi. This split was the first record of either of these bands that I bought, so part of my love for it is probably based on that...
Apt. 213 They are part of a much slower/heavier type of power violence (Chris Pellow of Ringworm was in the band for a bit) and definitely have a little bit of Integrity as an influence. The lyrics are brutal and the vocals are gravelly and LOW AS SHIT. Overall, pretty fuckin' creepy...I wrote a little ditty called A. Fish as an ode to Apt. 213...(Albert Fish)


Dahmer- 1995-2000, some dudes from that band are in fistfuck. Quebec boys! Is it just my imagination or does Quebec not have the DIRTIEST fucken' Grindcore? Again, serial Killer lyrics but a much faster pace, Heavily distorted and tuned down guitars...(hee hee hee)More variation in the vocals in terms of pitch, and definitely more of a punk aesthetic than Apt. 213.


No comments: